KTZ FORUMS - KYROS TABLET ZONE - KTZ

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PowerCode ROM Upgrades Depository for Kyros 7012, 7014, 7015, 7015A, 7015B, 7016, 7022, 7042, 7127, 8127, 9742, 1042 ,1125, 1126

I forgot my password

Donations to Support

Donations are
Greatly Appreciated
Thank You!

KTZ Forums Site Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 10276 messages in 1253 subjects

We have 25526 registered users

The newest registered user is Oskar

Who is online?

In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 506 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:55 am

Latest topics

» New or Old Members Introductions Start here!
Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:50 pm by Oskar

» KTZ FORUMS - KYROS TABLET ZONE Public Group 2018
Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:35 am by tipstir

» Thanks for Supports New Marshmallow 6.01 and Nougat 7.1.1 apps
Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:55 pm by tipstir

» All PowerCode ROM will be $8.00 USD as of 9.18.14
Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:20 am by Aishiup

» How do you unbrick a bricked 8042 after update from factory Android OS 4.0.3 to 4.0.4?
Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon May 02, 2016 12:59 pm by ronwizbot

» COBYUSA Closure 2013
Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:56 pm by flekr

» PowerCode 1000-X95 (2014) Released 1.23.14
Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:23 pm by Llean15

» Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0
Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:49 pm by ecc12

» MID1126 German ICS rom!
Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:35 pm by gary876

» Is Tipstir Still Around (and Fulfilling Orders), Part 2?
Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:08 pm by tipstir

KTZ Rom | Up - POWERCODE

KTZ Rom Update - Bulldog

Poll

Do you own a MID4331?
Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 - Page 3 I_vote_lcap14%Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 14% [ 2 ]
Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 - Page 3 I_vote_lcap86%Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 86% [ 12 ]

Total Votes : 14

KTZ Affiliated Sites

ALNET Forums

ATZ Forums

WTZ Forums

Heal thIS Heaven website

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+23
Jsajczuk
kemar
gsp
greg.ouellette
dani
piratesscareme
promek17
burntkid
corby_wonder
frewo
mxpower
Joel_Miller
ktakis
JonsZX2SR
butcher0288
AishaLove
zorbar
minefield
strung3
nastypup
Fred Flintstone
tipstir
MikeViller
27 posters

Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0

MikeViller
    MikeViller

Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 - Page 3 Empty Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0

Post by MikeViller Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:38 am

First topic message reminder :

can we dream of this or it's possible to port ICS 4.0 on let say mid8125 anyone know this company Feihong
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39LEH7vrvUM

nastypup
    VIP, Silver, Donator
    VIP, Silver, Donator

Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 - Page 3 Empty Re: Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0

Post by nastypup Tue May 15, 2012 8:56 pm

piratesscareme wrote:Nastypup, how long did you wait on the android screen before you stopped it? It can take a long time on the first boot. Also make sure you wipe everything before you flash it. The only thing that I can think of is maybe it was corrupted somewhere while downloading it.

This is Android 4.0.3

I did a full restore to 2.3.3 on my tablet and then flashed using the zip to ensure it worked. I will help in anyway I can. ICS is a little buggy as it does occasionally freeze or reboot but overall it is a great OS. Even with its bugs I like it much more than GB. The HDMI does not work.

2 hours. I have CM9 ICS on my phone and I love it, too. I just got a new 7042 ICS tablet yesterday and it's really nice.

Last edited by nastypup on Tue May 15, 2012 9:07 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : darn auto-correct!!!)

piratesscareme

Post by piratesscareme Tue May 15, 2012 9:45 pm

ok, Here is a longer way of doing the same way.....

Flash this after a full wipe https://www.rapidshare.com/#!download|225|139142288|coby_mid7022-ota-0001.zip|84173
    this is the update from coby.

Download
    http://www.mediafire.com/?4dcgkevdiy63zp7 and http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip
    Place these on tablets sd card.

then reboot and enter fastboot mode

then download this http://www.mediafire.com/?4dcgkevdiy63zp7 and extract it. place the recovery.img in your android sdk platform tools folder. flash using command "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" from command prompt in your sdk directory. Hopefully you have used adb before. This puts your recovery back on the tablet.

then reboot and immediately enter recovery mode. Don't let the system boot or you will lose recovery.

in recovery wipe cache and then advanced/delvik cache

then flash the jcase zip and the gapps zip

this will give you ICS with root, recovery, and play store.

Hopefully you do not have to go through all of this and a simple reflash from the zip I made will fix it. Also try just reseting the tablet from the boot loop. It might just need to be reset. Let me know how things go.

nastypup
    VIP, Silver, Donator
    VIP, Silver, Donator

Post by nastypup Tue May 15, 2012 10:13 pm

piratesscareme wrote:ok, Here is a longer way of doing the same way.....

Flash this after a full wipe https://www.rapidshare.com/#!download|225|139142288|coby_mid7022-ota-0001.zip|84173
    this is the update from coby.

Download
    http://www.mediafire.com/?4dcgkevdiy63zp7 and http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip
    Place these on tablets sd card.

then reboot and enter fastboot mode

then download this http://www.mediafire.com/?4dcgkevdiy63zp7 and extract it. place the recovery.img in your android sdk platform tools folder. flash using command "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" from command prompt in your sdk directory. Hopefully you have used adb before. This puts your recovery back on the tablet.

then reboot and immediately enter recovery mode. Don't let the system boot or you will lose recovery.

in recovery wipe cache and then advanced/delvik cache

then flash the jcase zip and the gapps zip

this will give you ICS with root, recovery, and play store.

Hopefully you do not have to go through all of this and a simple reflash from the zip I made will fix it. Also try just reseting the tablet from the boot loop. It might just need to be reset. Let me know how things go.

I clicked on the first link 5 times and each time it took me to a different page ;-). I have gapps because I use it for my phone. I decided to download the other file again and reflash instead of going through this complicated process. I've done stuff like that before but, at my age, I like fast and simple. Thanks for your help. I'll let you know what happens. I'm in the process of getting the 7042 loaded with my granddaughter's apps. She's been without her tablet for more than 3 weeks.

piratesscareme

Post by piratesscareme Tue May 15, 2012 11:04 pm

Just in case you need it here is the link to the first file again. I also tried it. something is wrong with it. Maybe this one will work.

every time i put the link in here it directs to adfly.

nastypup
    VIP, Silver, Donator
    VIP, Silver, Donator

Post by nastypup Wed May 16, 2012 2:00 am

piratesscareme wrote:Just in case you need it here is the link to the first file again. I also tried it. something is wrong with it. Maybe this one will work.

every time i put the link in here it directs to adfly.

I tried the first method again with the same results so I'm back on Bulldog Gold Elite. It would have been nice to have ICS on the 7022 but it's not going to happen today. Maybe in the near future someone will come up with an easy, foolproof method of putting ICS on the 7022.

piratesscareme

Post by piratesscareme Wed May 16, 2012 7:39 am

Ok, I made another flashable ICS update for the 7022. The differenceis that this does not have gapps included. It does have root and will leave your recovery intact. Can you try this one? I am wondering if the gapps included is too many changes all at once or I did some thing wrong. After flashing this let it do a full boot then you can go back into recovery and flash gapps.

http://min.us/myyYbBVzW

dani

Post by dani Wed May 16, 2012 7:51 am

the root is not fixed soon I'll show you how to do ... for adb releasing further patches.

piratesscareme

Post by piratesscareme Wed May 16, 2012 7:59 am

dani,

for the 7022 flashing the zip, through recovery, that jcase at xda made will install superuser and gives root. here is a link to his zip

here

dani

Post by dani Wed May 16, 2012 9:08 am

done otherwise, anyway thank you Smile how is youtube out there?
    nastypup
    nastypup
    VIP, Silver, Donator
    VIP, Silver, Donator

Post by nastypup Wed May 16, 2012 4:46 pm

piratesscareme wrote:Ok, I made another flashable ICS update for the 7022. The differenceis that this does not have gapps included. It does have root and will leave your recovery intact. Can you try this one? I am wondering if the gapps included is too many changes all at once or I did some thing wrong. After flashing this let it do a full boot then you can go back into recovery and flash gapps.

When we flash CM9 ROMS, we flash gapps separately after the ROM flash with no rebooting in between. It's the same gapps that we use for CM9 ICS.

If the tablet is already rooted, will your flashable ROM be a problem?
    nastypup
    nastypup
    VIP, Silver, Donator
    VIP, Silver, Donator

Post by nastypup Wed May 16, 2012 4:51 pm

piratesscareme wrote:Ok, I made another flashable ICS update for the 7022. The differenceis that this does not have gapps included. It does have root and will leave your recovery intact. Can you try this one? I am wondering if the gapps included is too many changes all at once or I did some thing wrong. After flashing this let it do a full boot then you can go back into recovery and flash gapps.

If I flash this, do I still have to flash jcase if my tablet is already rooted?
    piratesscareme
    piratesscareme

Post by piratesscareme Wed May 16, 2012 4:55 pm

nastypup,

no that is the only difference between the official update and what I just made. I included the superuser files from the jcase zip so it would not erase the custom recovery. The difference between the first zip I made and this one is I took out the gapps files. Those will have to be flashed seperately. I am thinking maybe with gapps included it is causing it to not boot. thank you for trying it out.
    nastypup
    nastypup
    VIP, Silver, Donator
    VIP, Silver, Donator

Post by nastypup Wed May 16, 2012 5:03 pm

piratesscareme wrote:nastypup,

no that is the only difference between the official update and what I just made. I included the superuser files from the jcase zip so it would not erase the custom recovery. The difference between the first zip I made and this one is I took out the gapps files. Those will have to be flashed seperately. I am thinking maybe with gapps included it is causing it to not boot. thank you for trying it out.

Excellent! I am downloading now and I'll try it and let you know.
    nastypup
    nastypup
    VIP, Silver, Donator
    VIP, Silver, Donator

Post by nastypup Wed May 16, 2012 8:38 pm

It booted up -- in German ;-). I will add my wifi preshare and see if I can change the language.
    piratesscareme
    piratesscareme

Post by piratesscareme Wed May 16, 2012 8:41 pm

you can change the language in the upper left when it first comes up, or you can do it in settings. it is the setting with an icon that is a white square withe the letter a in it. I am glad it works. Now you can go back into recovery and flash gapps. YAY!
    nastypup
    nastypup
    VIP, Silver, Donator
    VIP, Silver, Donator

Post by nastypup Wed May 16, 2012 10:43 pm

nastypup wrote:

It booted up -- in German ;-). I will add my wifi preshare and see if I can change the language.

Language change was no problem. But I have 2 big problems.

1. It will not accept the serial number on the back of the tablet
    2. It says it's not rooted!!!

Other than that, it works well and has given new life to that tablet.

Do I use jcase rootme to re-root? If so, do you have instructions?

Last edited by nastypup on Thu May 17, 2012 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Ask about rooting)
    ktakis
    ktakis

Post by ktakis Wed May 16, 2012 10:54 pm

I am also hopping on your rom train Smile , i had upgraded already to ICS but i experience some strange boot behavior, not sure what it is related too but sometimes the tablet needs 4-5 boot attempts to get loaded.

Downloading V2 of your Rom, i have not tried V1

Will load teh new one and report here
    nastypup
    nastypup
    VIP, Silver, Donator
    VIP, Silver, Donator

Post by nastypup Thu May 17, 2012 12:16 am

piratesscareme wrote:you can change the language in the upper left when it first comes up, or you can do it in settings. it is the setting with an icon that is a white square withe the letter a in it. I am glad it works. Now you can go back into recovery and flash gapps. YAY!

I didn't have to go back into recovery because I flashed gapps after I flashed your ROM. When I booted, I had everything (in German so you can save time by doing it that way. That's how we do it for CM9. I've been testing CM9 on my Samsung Epic 4G phone for several months. I love my Ice Cream Sandwich ;-).

promek17
    promek17
    VIP, Silver, Donator
    VIP, Silver, Donator

Post by promek17 Thu May 17, 2012 9:04 am

it looks like you guys are coming along well.

Once the how to install bugs are worked out please rewrite a tutorial, so other members can upgrade their 7022's. see if you can get HDMI working in this one. Check your build.prop to seeif HDMI has been activated and your LCD density isnt set too low so that it doesnt work.

Also, will this upgrade work for the newer 7022's with the 2012 build dates? CWM wont install on this version.
    nastypup
    nastypup
    VIP, Silver, Donator
    VIP, Silver, Donator

Post by nastypup Thu May 17, 2012 6:15 pm

Here's my update on the 7022. Everything's working except for the serial number thing. I can't leave it like this because this is my little granddaughter's tablet and it will drive her crazy so I have to make it go away. Jcase's rootme worked perfectly! Now, the tablet is properly rooted and Titanium Backup is finally working. ICS makes the 7022 work much better than it ever did on Gingerbread -- except that Tipstir's Bulldog ROM made the wifi much faster.
    tipstir
    tipstir
    CEO, Founder, KTZ
    CEO, Founder, KTZ

Post by tipstir Thu May 17, 2012 9:55 pm

Yes and the same can be done on this ICS version that you have. This is what I need from you is system dump. Then I can build something for you. Do you have it rooted and clockwork on it if you don't I can get around that too. PM or email me directly like you have done via your email. Don't use the forum email to send me anything because it's just one way!
    nastypup
    nastypup
    VIP, Silver, Donator
    VIP, Silver, Donator

Post by nastypup Thu May 17, 2012 10:47 pm

tipstir wrote:Yes and the same can be done on this ICS version that you have. This is what I need from you is system dump. Then I can build something for you. Do you have it rooted and clockwork on it if you don't I can get around that too. PM or email me directly like you have done via your email. Don't use the forum email to send me anything because it's just one way!
    I don't know how to do a system dump. Root and CWM are working perfectly.
    piratesscareme
    piratesscareme

Post by piratesscareme Thu May 17, 2012 11:17 pm

I can perform a system dump from a stock backup that I have. It will just take me a little bit to do it and post it.
    nastypup
    nastypup
    VIP, Silver, Donator
    VIP, Silver, Donator

Post by nastypup Fri May 18, 2012 3:26 am

dani wrote:My Version:

Nice video! I'm very happy with the performance of the 7022 with ICS.
    greg.ouellette
    greg.ouellette

Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 - Page 3 Empty Coby 7035 Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by greg.ouellette Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:48 pm

I purchased this Coby 7035 to do project with my Arduino MEGA Adk.
    I want to install Google play and have been jumping through hoops and need help.
    I tried Z4Root but it will not run.
    Any ideas anyone.
    Please respond to my email
    greg.ouellette@maine.edu
    gsp
    gsp

Post by gsp Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:30 pm

strung3 wrote:Hi

I have tested this update but it doesn't work with my serial number. I am not german so maybe there is a lock for non german ?

I wish it had not worked on my 1125
    I installed and regret it. Wi-Fi is erratic where it used to be excellent, Play store will not install, and neither will Market (which I used before) so apps are limited to what Get jar offers :-(

I had not anticipated problems from an official upgrade (ha!) so I didn't make a backup.

Not a happy user
    kemar
    kemar

Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 - Page 3 Empty need install ics 4.0 mid7033-4

Post by kemar Fri May 24, 2013 8:58 am

how do I get the ics 4.0
    kemar
    kemar

Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 - Page 3 Empty problem with my mid 7033

Post by kemar Fri May 24, 2013 9:39 am

when I turn it on I see the coby sign then nothing more. what can I do to fix it?
    Jsajczuk
    Jsajczuk
    VIP, Silver, Donator
    VIP, Silver, Donator

Post by Jsajczuk Fri May 24, 2013 4:28 pm

kemar wrote:when I turn it on I see the coby sign then nothing more. what can I do to fix it?

try what is described in this thread it worked for me

https://kyros-tablet-zone.forumotion.com/t1923-coby-kyros-mid1125-4gb-i-need-help
    antido
    antido

Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 - Page 3 Empty guys help..how to back original roms of coby kyros mid 7042 with simcard..thankss

Post by antido Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:56 am

hello guys..help..how to back original rom of coby mid 7042 latest version with simcard..thanks to your cooperation
    tipstir
    tipstir
    CEO, Founder, KTZ
    CEO, Founder, KTZ

Post by tipstir Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:59 am

Hello and welcome to KTZ forums zone. There is a new image for this model it's under the 7042 thread. Download it and your'll need LiveSuite to install it. If done right it only takes a few seconds to install the image which has built-in root access. Then I recommend getting PowerCode 885 (2013) for 7042 ROM Upgrade.
    tianok
    tianok

Post by tianok Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:38 am

Hello... I'm new in this forum, but I really need some help.
    I have one Coby Kyros MID 7022 and I had Android 2.3. 
    I tried to update for ICS, uploading one ZIP on SDCard and re-starting.

But now my coby died, and just appears the logo of COBY.

How can I update to Andorid ICS? Or reinstal Android 2.3?

I appreciate for any help
    hellcube
    hellcube

Post by hellcube Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:15 am

I search few sites now for a an upgraded rom for Coby Kyros MID 7024 (there is no section about this tablet here why?). Can some one plz point me to some working ROM that i can use. I would be realy realy greatfull.
    tipstir
    tipstir
    CEO, Founder, KTZ
    CEO, Founder, KTZ

Post by tipstir Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:02 pm

hellcube wrote:I search few sites now for a an upgraded rom for Coby Kyros MID 7024 (there is no section about this tablet here why?). Can some one plz point me to some working ROM that i can use. I would be realy realy greatfull.
    No support for this tablet MID7024. Okay I see why that has Android OS 2.2 on it. I've skipped that OS here. Your tablet has Samsung S5PV210 in there. I only support the Telechip and All Winner tablets here.
    ecc12
    ecc12

Post by ecc12 Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:49 pm

Hi seen this post and would  like to know  if there any updated info for the coby mid 7022 for software beside the one listed in this post 4.0.
    if so can some guide me through links to download the software and procedures to correctly install on my machine. The download links seem no good
    Thank You

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:13 am